Sunday: (6 hours) Building the “cage” armature and figuring out optimal structural intergurity, made hoops for the inner structure for tissue paper, glued double ash splints together, properly bind it.
Monday: (6 hours) Glued more double ash splints, formulated bounding methods at joints, sewed tyvek + ash together to bind the top.
Tuesday: (9 hours) Glued double ash splints, added loops on the side of armature (to make it look more like a Jelly), more building of armature. Also met with Rodemer to discuss electrical wiring, LEDs, and florescent lighting purposes
Wednesday: (3 hours) Glued ash wood together and allow drying overnight
Thursday: (6 hours) Finished building the very top of the bell structure, glued ash splints, added wire to the armature for the tissue (To round the bell rather than have the tissue paper flatten) and brushed model airplane DOPE to help stiffen it. Met with Mark in order to figure out where and how to install this creature.
I’ve been really, really, really productive. I’ve spent a good portion of my time on Sunday really figuring out the absolutely best way for this piece to be completely stable. It took a couple of hours of “piecing it” together, but once I found a system I managed to break through and finalize my method of construction. Once I made it over this boundary putting the wood splints together was really, really, easy and I pieced it together fairly quickly. The hardest part of building the armature is over and now I need to do is figure out wiring with Rodemer while I build this creature. I’m whipping it out fairly fast and quite efficiently.
What I have accomplished/discovered
So quite a bit has happened this week: